CBO’s visiting scholars strengthen vital links between the agency and the broader community of public policy analysts. Visiting scholars have a unique opportunity to address complex budgetary and economic issues. The agency is especially interested in collaborating with scholars who specialize in macroeconomics, health economics, financial economics, and public economics, though it welcomes applications from analysts in all areas.
Visiting scholars conduct policy-related research, use the agency’s data and facilities, and collaborate daily with CBO’s staff members to contribute to the agency's analysis. Visiting scholars also have access to professional development opportunities and are well-placed to draw on the resources and expertise found in the broader public policy community.
Appointments and Benefits
CBO has flexibility in setting appointment terms and conditions:
- Appointment lengths can vary depending upon the project and individual circumstances
- Full- or part-time schedules are available
- Scholars can choose to be employed by CBO or to remain employed by their current institutions
All analysis is conducted at CBO’s office near Capitol Hill, and scholars are subject to the agency’s ethics and security requirements for the duration of their appointments.
Visiting scholars at CBO must have:
- Ph.D. or equivalent education
- Considerable expertise in the field
- Commitment to analysis of real-world issues in public policy
- Recognized research and publication record
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.