CBO has a panel of health advisers consisting of widely recognized experts in health policy and the health care sector. Members of the panel have a variety of backgrounds, areas of expertise, and experience. They generally serve three-year terms and are sometimes reappointed. The agency hosts periodic meetings of the advisers and solicits their views between meetings. Through those interactions, CBO and its analyses benefit from the advisers’ understanding of cutting-edge research and the latest developments in health care delivery and financing. Although such experts provide considerable assistance, CBO is solely responsible for the accuracy of its work.
Katherine Baicker, Ph.D.
- Dean, Emmett Dedmon Professor, Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
- Board of Directors, Eli Lilly
John Bertko, F.S.A., M.A.A.A.
- Chief Actuary, Covered California
Thomas Betlach, M.P.A.
- Director, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Lawrence P. Casalino, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D.
- Livingston Farrand Professor of Public Health and Chief of the Division of Healthcare Policy and Economics, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Amitabh Chandra, Ph.D.
- Malcolm Wiener Professor of Public Policy and Director of Health Policy Research, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Michael Chernew, Ph.D.
- Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy and Director of Healthcare Markets and Regulation Lab, Harvard Medical School
Leemore Dafny, Ph.D.
- Bruce V. Rauner Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Academic Affiliate, Bates White Economic Consulting
Roger Feldman, Ph.D.
- Professor Emeritus, Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
Amy Finkelstein, Ph.D.
- John & Jennie S. MacDonald Professor of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Patrick Getzen, F.S.A., M.A.A.A.
- Senior Vice President and Chief Data and Analytics Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina
David Lansky, Ph.D.
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Business Group on Health
Thomas Lee, M.Sc., M.D.
- Chief Medical Officer, Press Ganey Associates
Catherine E. Livingston, J.D.
- Partner, Jones Day
Wendy Long, M.P.H., M.D.
- Director of Tennessee Health Care Finance and Administration
- Director of TennCare
Teresa Miller, J.D.
- Acting Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
Peter Neumann, Sc.D.
- Director of the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health in the Tufts Medical Center and Professor of Medicine in the School of Medicine, Tufts University
Jonathan Perlin, M.D., Ph.D.
- President, Clinical Services, and Chief Medical Officer, Hospital Corporation of America
Daniel Polsky, Ph.D.
- Professor of Medicine in the Perelman School of Medicine, Robert D. Eilers Professor of Health Care Management in the Wharton School, and Executive Director of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, University of Pennsylvania
Lewis Sandy, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Executive Vice President, Clinical Advancement, UnitedHealth Group
Cori E. Uccello, M.A.A.A., F.S.A., F.C.A., M.P.P.
- Senior Health Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries